Nearly a year ago I wrote about our school district’s (the Independence School District) decision to add a Strength and Conditioning class to the middle school curriculum (Efficacy and Safety-Middle School Strength Training)
When this decision was made, there were some skeptics… in the community, in the district, even among peers in our department.
Here are the concerns “They” voiced about the class…
- “They” said that the class wouldn’t “make”… that there would not be enough interest.
- “They” said that middle school students would get bored with this (a full year) class
- “They” said that middle school students did not have the attention span needed for this class on a daily basis
- “They” said that the class would not be safe at the middle school level
- “They” said that middle school students are not physically ready for a strength and conditioning class
- “They” said that middle school students are…
View original post 803 more words